Glenn Gissler collaborated with architect Francis Fleetwood on building this house back in 1990. It’s located on a fabulous five-acre property in Bridgehampton between Mecox Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. In 2010, they returned to alter the covered porch and add a trellised poolside pavilion, which has dramatic views of water in two directions. The summer sun in the Hamptons can be harsh and unrelenting, so the idea was to create an outdoor living room that could be comfortable and practical under rather exposed conditions. The fabrics are all by Sunbrella and can handle moisture and sun, and the furniture from Munder-Skiles is natural teak. The owner entertains throughout the season, so the covered porch can accommodate a variety of furniture layouts for cocktail parties, buffet lunches, and sit-down dinners, including the dramatic continuous banquette table shown here for 34 people!
About usDesigners Collaborative is a group of seasoned New York interior designers and architects who meet regularly to discuss ideas, news, and trends. We have created this blog to make you a part of our conversation.
- Into the Blue: Tim Button Visits the Galápagos Islands
- In Pursuit of Design Alchemy: Glenn Gissler’s Brilliant New Blog
- Laura Bohn Recieves a Pratt Institute 2014 Alumni Achievement Award
- Words of Wisdom: Glenn Gissler and Laura Bohn at the AD Home Design Show
- Purple Haze: Laura Bohn Does the New York Botanical Garden’s 2014 Orchid Dinner
- Snooze but Don’t Lose: Barry Goralnick Goes Shopping for Night Stands with the New York Times
Most Popular Posts